“The greatest of them all” Football Legend Diego Maradona Passes Away at Age 60, Artificial Intelligence-Powered News Anchor Made Its First On-Screen Appearance in South Korea. Li said that she only had one cup of bubble tea before her blockage happened, although the doctor believes this is not the case. Your body needs proper food! The popular tapioca pearl drink has sent Southern California into a boba frenzy — what’s actually in it? The toxins that cause cancer come from PCB, polychlorinated biphenyls, a toxic chemical found in motor oil as well. The initial findings of a study done by German researchers alleging boba pearl caused cancer was taken out of context. ; She told doctors that she drank one cup of bubble tea five days before arriving at the hospital, but one of the doctors who treated her believes she consumed even more of the beverage. That’s scary! The doctor said that the intestinal obstruction could lead to infection and necrosis, which can deteriorate to organ failure and ultimately, death. This Baker Made A Cake Of Math Formulas Perfect For Math Geniuses! A viral case of an X-ray showing 100 undigested bubble tea pearls in a teen's stomach has people wondering if these trendy drinks are safe. There has always been a certain level of fear mongering associated with bubble tea: the tapioca balls can present a … About See All. Health & Fitness Putting the Boba Cancer … Batman Star Christian Bale Arrives At Australia To Film New Thor Movie, “We Know Where You Are” FINAS Warns Malaysians Against Illegally Distributing Movies Online, These Costumes Were Promoted Using Yellow Face & People Are Disgusted, “Those who support dogs are stupid!” M’sians Justify Man Shooting Dogs Saying It Was Probably Self-Defence, Cases Are Shooting Up Again, Here Are 6 Places Malaysians Should Be Extra Careful At & Why, Research Shows UMNO Has As Many Chinese Supporters As DAP, Malaysians Express Doubt. quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes. Although tapioca flour itself, the main ingredient in boba, won’t cause constipation, boba has other additives that can cause digestive issues if consumed excessively. They discovered that the clumps were large blocks of tapioca starch and when asked, they found that the man used to work in a bubble tea shop. Doctors found over 100 bubble tea balls in a 14-year-old girl's digestive system after she complained of stomach pain and couldn't poop for five days straight, according to Chinese outlet Shaoxing News. The young man’s family sent him to the hospital for treatment on 19th August and after careful examination, the doctor determined that the patient was suffering from intestinal obstruction. According to Knightnews.com, a German study linked boba tea to cancer due to the toxins within them. ... 2019. All rights reserved. According to Vietnam Net, the man said that since mid-July, he had been experiencing dull pain for about 20 days. Watch: Get Rid of Dust From Your Stand Fan Without Dismantling It With Just 3 Easy Steps! 5 Online Shopping & Booking Hacks Malaysians NEED To Know Before They Click “BUY”. It was discovered that he had an intestinal obstruction due to drinking too much bubble tea and had to undergo surgery. Boba pearl does not cause cancer. China teenager Zhu Li was not able to have a bowel movement for five days, which landed her in the hospital. Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, https://investorplace.com/2019/06/bubble-tea-news-undigested-boba-pearls/. Her doctor scanned her stomach and found that there were hundreds of undigested tapioca balls from bubble tea that were clogging her GI tract, per The Sun. In 2012, r esearchers at the University Hospital Aachen in Germany obtained samples of tapioca pearls from an indiscriminate bubble tea chain located in northwestern Germany. Create New Account. Potential Health Risk Jocelyn Hsu. All rights reserved. 2019 Summer Camps, Education & Enrichment Guide; Undefined: Journey for Identity and Self-Love; Video. Here's what you need to know. Police Seize RM4.6 Million Worth of Cash & Items Involved in Investment Fraud in Klang House, Sabah Students Suffer Severe Injuries While Trying To Find Internet Connection on Bridge For Online Classes, M’sian Woman Changes Her Mind About Committing Suicide After Seeing a ‘Crocodile’ In The River, Body With Missing Organs Found Floating in Dengkil Suspected To Be Foreign Worker Who Escaped Quarantine, Sultan of Johor Donates New Cars to HSA Director and Staff as Appreciation for Their Service, M’sian Restaurant Refuses To Return Man’s Wedding Dinner Deposit After Suddenly Closing Down, “We can still eat, some people can’t” Penang Restaurant Sets Up Foodbank To Help The Needy During CMCO, “What govt SOP? The doctor had no choice but to perform surgery on the young man. During the surgery, the doctor removed two large black clumps from his intestines. The doctor said that the young man’s case was very serious and he was lucky that the obstruction was removed quickly – otherwise he could have died. His condition deteriorated and the pain worsened until he could not take it anymore. Malaysian Artist, Sasi The Don Gets Nominated for International Award & He Needs Your Help! If More Than 2 Family Members Can Live Together, Shouldn’t They Be Allowed To Travel In One Car? Copyright © “There are some products with no SPHM (halal certification from Malaysia) as is the case with some bubble tea products, but it does not mean it is not halal. Sil’s Drive-Thru Shoutouts: Ohana Brewing Company ; Sil’s Drive-Thru Shoutouts: Attitude; Bodycam Video Shows Pasadena Police Shoot Anthony McClain; Home » Lifestyle » Health & Fitness » Putting the Boba Cancer Controversy to Rest. or. Nov. 25, 2020, PLTR Stock: Why Secretive Palantir Is Climbing Today, Nio Stock Is Starting To Lose Power After An Electrified Rally, 7 Electric Vehicle Stocks That Could Be Your Joyride into 2021, 3 Alcohol Stocks for Reliable Growth and Dividends. Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily. Nasdaq Also read: 8yo Girl Who Drank Bubble Tea & Ate Desserts Every Day Develops Kidney Cancer and Dies. Make sure you chew your food and boba properly before swallowing, peeps! This Ramen Store in PJ Looks Like It Came From Japan In The 80’s! Not Now. Even though Boca pearls contain traces of styrene and acetophenone, this does not make them toxic or pose a health risk. A 14-year-old girl in China’s Zhejiang province reportedly went to the hospital with an abdominal blockage caused by around a hundred undigested tapioca pearls 1125 N. Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201. “So many undigested tapioca balls can’t all be from just one cup,” the doctor said said. 2020 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. Often, he would replace all of his three main meals by just drinking bubble tea three times a day, which is a very unhealthy habit. All Rights Reserved. In the latest bubble tea news, a teen girl ended up in the hospital with blockage in her digestion, which doctors later found to be caused by undigested boba pearls. He advises other people to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with enough fibre and drink plenty of water. Boba Linked to Cancer? “She must’ve had quite a few over a short period.” He Yuling, who is the chief of the emergency department where Li was treated, said that tapioca is very hard to digest, plus “some companies add thickeners to them such as gelatin to make the balls more ‘al dente,” he added.
How To Increase Bicarbonate In Blood, Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test In R, Animal Crossing Arcade Machines, Social Media Strategies For Segmentation, How Far Is Weymouth Ma From Boston, Dr Bernstein Webcast, 2 Timothy 4:7-8 Kjv, Chipotle Guacamole Recipe Website, Best Places To Live In The Southwest, The Dorset Teddy Bear Museum,